In the “Limitations” section, it says that “patterns of behavior” may lead to discipline. What does that mean? Who decides when there is a pattern?
These are decisions that will be made on a case-by-case basis, depending on many factors, including:
- how persistent is the behavior?
- how problematic is the behavior?
- how risky is the behavior?
- are educational lessons being willfully ignored?
- is there an active disregard of other students’ safety and wellbeing or the wellbeing of the community?
As this new policy is being implemented, these decisions will be made by a group of representatives of relevant university offices, consulting with colleagues or fact-finding as necessary to determine the appropriate response in each case.