For emergency situations, call 911 or call the Yale police at (203)-432-4400.

If you are not sure whether a situation is an emergency, you can always call Acute Care at Yale Health for immediate consultation: (203) 432-0123

If you are concerned for yourself or a friend regarding alcohol or drug use you should contact one of Yale’s full-time substance abuse counselors:

Undergraduates: Marie Baker, Yale Health Substance Abuse Counselor (203) 432-1891

Graduate and Professional Students: Maury Steigman, Yale Health Substance Abuse Counselor (203) 432-7366

For questions about policy/programming or other inquiries please contact staff at The Alcohol and Other Drugs Harm Reduction Initiative by email at